'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

24 November 2013

Sunday Kipling

Texture and paint are done!! Carpet is scheduled for Monday. I'll have a write up soonest. I promised Monkey Wrangler I'd discuss and show how we did our texture. We should be moving into our new master bedroom Monday evening, maybe Tuesday morning. It's been a long remodel but the end is in sight. Today we'll do some clean up to get ready for the carpet guys. Thanks to you all for your kind words and encouragement.
Six

The Miracles

I sent a message to my dear 
 A thousand leagues and more to Her 
The dumb sea-levels thrilled to hear,
 And Lost Atlantis bore to Her.
 
Behind my message hard I came,
 And nigh had found a grave for me;
But that I launched of steel and flame
 Did war against the wave for me.
 
Uprose the deep, by gale on gale,
 To bid me change my mind again 
He broke his teeth along my rail,
 And, roaring, swung behind again.
 
I stayed the sun at noon to tell
 My way across the waste of it;
I read the storm before it fell
 And made the better haste of it.
 
Afar, I hailed the land at night 
 The towers I built had heard of me 
And, ere my rocket reached its height,
 Had flashed my Love the word of me.
 
Earth sold her chosen men of strength
 (They lived and strove and died for me)
To drive my road a nation's length,
 And toss the miles aside for me.
 
I snatched their toil to serve my needs 
 Too slow their fleetest flew for me 
I tired twenty smoking steeds,
 And bade them bait a new for me.
 
I sent the lightnings forth to see
 Where hour by hour She waited me.
Among ten million one was She,
 And surely all men hated me!
 
Dawn ran to meet me at my goal 
 Ah, day no tongue shall tell again!
And little folk of little soul
 Rose up to buy and sell again!

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

That's GREAT news, and peace will reign again... :-)

Car Guy said...

NO MORE SHEETROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Brig said...

What is the next project? cause you are better than any ol DIY TV program!