'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

16 February 2013

Another Passing

My Air Force son in law lost his father yesterday to the horror of cancer. We here at the Six household are grieving for another family member gone.

Son. Lu and I want you to know how much you mean to us and how hard we are taking the loss of your father. He was a good and fine man and he raised a great son. You are a good and fine man and in the end that is all a father can hope for. That his son becomes a man. I know you are grieving and sad at his passing. I wish we were there for you. We hope you can take heart at your memories and hold on to the things he taught you and the lessons every father hands down. I know you are not a believer but Lu and I are so we hope you will accept our prayers for you and your mother at this time. That goes for your siblings,  DO and the kids as well. The loss of a parent is hard, so very hard. We understand that and we will be here for you if you should need us. With Mom's death just a few short months ago we do understand what you're going through. Not that such thoughts help. These are the times that try a man's soul but Lu and I know that you will pass this test as you have all others.

It's a tough way to start the new year. Let us all hope it's the last.

Six


10 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

My sympathies. I know exactly what that feels like.

Rev. Paul said...

Our condolences as well. Wife & I have both lost our fathers in the last 8 years.

God, Gals, Guns, Grub said...

The gals and I are thinking of you and your family... indeed, a rough year...

Dann in Ohio

Old NFO said...

Thoughts and Prayers for all Sir.

Six said...

On behalf of the family, thanks everyone. I can't believe we're doing this again.

The DO said...

Thanks Papa, we all appreciate your post and thoughts.

Thanks all for your kind words, they've meant so much. I've passed them on to my husband. His dad had been ill for a while, and both he and his mom had come to peace with the inevitability of the situation.

Six said...

Love you sweetie.

instinct said...

My families prayers go out to your Son in Law and family.

agirlandhergun said...

I am sorry for you and your son in law. Sending prayers and good wishes!

Andi said...

Oh, so sorry to hear. Thoughts and prayers to all of you...