'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

27 February 2013

2 Officers Killed In Santa Cruz California

Just a few miles north of my old hometown. The shooter was also killed after a 30 minute foot chase.

Detective Sergeant Loran 'Butch' Baker
Detective Elizabeth Butler

Car Guy called me to let me know today. He knew Sgt. Baker. A tough day for my brothers and sisters. Our thoughts and prayers go out to them and all their loved ones and friends.

End Of Watch 2-26-13.
Rest In Peace.

Six



8 comments:

OldAFSarge said...

That truly sucks.

Thoughts and prayers have been offered.

instinct said...

Damn it. RIP officers

Paladin said...

Always bad news when this happens, but especially when it hits close to home.

Rev. Paul said...

What they said; tragic indeed.

Six said...

I'm trying to decide whether or not to go out for the funeral. I think maybe I'll stay home. Too damn many funerals lately.

Keads said...

Uh, dude. I have a hole in some drywall about the size of a dime I can't fix! You are the Jedi of drywall and home improvement! How much is a ticket from Utah to North Carolina? I might hire ya!

Old NFO said...

Truly sad, I didn't hear about this till I read there... THoughts and prayers sent!

Six said...

I work cheap Kelly! BBQ, a warm spot to sleep and adult beverages. Oh, and maybe some shootiness!

Thanks NFO. I've decided not to go out for the funeral. We've been to too many these last couple of years.