'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

16 November 2012

I Support Israel

The conflict over Israel's right to exist is heating up. Those who want nothing less than the destruction of the Jewish state are hurling rockets into civilian populated areas and crying foul when the IDF lights them up.

Of course the antisemitism has been ratcheted up to eleven. I was perusing the Twitterverse and was repulsed by the murderous rhetoric and complaints that Hitler should have done a better job. And not just by Alqassam Brigade either. Sickening. Someone want to remind me again who the tolerant and peaceful are again?


I speak for no one but myself here but I'm solidly pro Israel. They have a right to exist and defend themselves. If you're stupid enough to poke the bear you can't be surprised when you also get the claws.

I'm fairly sure this post will draw some hatred from the left for that position. Good. I'm a big believer in lines and taking positions on the important things in life. The continued existence and freedom of Israel, not to mention the lives of her citizens and Jews worldwide, is important. Religious hatred is bad. Ethnic cleansing is bad. Mass murder for hate's sake is bad. Rocketing Israel? That's just suicide.

Palestine isn't a country and never has been an autonomous entity. So please spare me the "Jews stole our land" nonsense.

I love Israel and her courageous defenders. Steady kicking ass since 1948. Willing to go it alone if they have to and Lord knows with the One in office that's pretty much their lot. For now.


So I'm going to set aside my comment policy just this once and ask The DO to indulge me on this. If you're a hater of all things Israel/Jewish and want to spew your venom on me please feel free to do so. I don't exactly get thousands of visitors but for those few who stumble across this post, please share your view of the Jewish Homeland and my position as one of their defenders with the rest of us. Threaten if you're feeling particularly brave behind your anonymous mask.


I can hardly wait. I wonder what they'll say?


Six

15 comments:

agirlandhergun said...

Preach it!!

Keads said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keads said...

I just wish I could do something tangible to show my support for that Country.

Wraith said...

Genesis 12:3...

"I will bless them that bless thee, and curse them that curse thee, and IN THEE shall all the kindred of the earth be blessed."

Or, if you're not a believer, consider that Israel is the one island of industry and civilization in a sea of intolerant barbarian psychotics.

Israel is the one place in the Middle East where you can be openly gay and not be murdered for it(they even had openly gay soldiers before we did). Israel is the one place in the Middle East that actually contributes anything to the the human race besides oil. Israel is the one place in the Middle East that treats those of faiths other than Islam with respect and dignity.

If you oppose Israel, you oppose civilization...and therefore, you oppose humanity.

Blanket statement.

Six said...

Amen Girl!

All we can do at this point is what we're doing Kelly. Making sure they know they're not alone.

Agreed Wraith and very well said!

Warlock Sundance said...

I SUPPORT ISREAL

Six said...

Thanks Warlock!!

Paladin said...

Four years ago I woke up one morning in a strange and alien land, where America sides with people who hate us and oppose everything we stand for yet completely snub longstanding allies and friends....

If this continues to escalate, I know who the UN will support. I know who Obama will support. My worst fear is that the UN will decide to try and intervene and Obama will gleefully allow that sham organization to drag us into potential action against Israel.

Six said...

I hope not Paladin but I fear you are right. It seems that so many voted for him precisely because of this issue. Antisemitism and Jewish hatred are as high as I've ever seen.

Never Again indeed.

The DO said...

Wow, I really expect this post to blow up. I'm shocked it hasn't.

Six said...

Me too but there's still time. I can hear the tap tap of the Hate Trolls out there jsut searching for something to be offended about.

instinct said...

My stance towards trolls and the people who hate Israel is "Screw you!"

I stand with Israel and god help the poor bastards that really piss them off

Six said...

I'm with you Instinct. I keep expecting them to show up here, I mean I invited them, but so far no shows all. I'm so disappointed.

Aaron said...

Thanks Six, well said.

Keads - if you feel like a charitable donation - Friends of the IDF is a good choice.

Six said...

Thanks Aaron. I donated at Mercury One but I'll drop a few bucks at that donation site as well. Thanks for the tip.