'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

24 December 2010

Merry Christmas

I hope this Day finds you all happy and healthy. Sarge, the Mom in Law, Sis in Law and her husband are coming over tonight for the Six household tradition of Oyster soup on Christmas Eve. The Grandchildren are tucked into their beds in far off Hungary, dreaming of Christmas morning. The DO will put them on Skype tomorrow so we can see them and hear all about what Santa brought them.

I am content. I am grateful. Was there ever a man so blessed?

For our soldiers, both here and overseas, our Police Officers, Fire Fighters, EMT/Paramedics, for all those who must do their duty on this Eve and Day may God bless each of you and your families. Keep the faith and come home to those of us who love you so much. I pray God's love and care for you today and indeed all days.

For all of you, my friends, may you have a very Merry Christmas. Thank you for everything you have done for me and my family this past year. May the joy and blessings of this day find you and those you love wherever you may be.

Six

12 comments:

Borepatch said...

Six, a very Merry Christmas to you and yours, and hopes for a very Happy New Year.

And a hearty "Amen" to your comments about our troops. It's a mystery to me how we find men and women of this caliber, but I'm very grateful that we do.

Six said...

TRhanks BP. Your support this year has meant the world to me. I hope you know how much I appreciate you.

ASM826 said...

I remember a Christmas in Japan. I volunteered to be duty NCO, what difference did it make?

No one was shooting at us. I didn't ever have to do anything heroic. I was just a RADAR tech in a fighter squadron during the Cold War.

That was a memorably miserable Christmas.

Today, there are servicemen and women in harm's way. Whatever Christmas means to them, they are at risk, and far away from their families and loved ones to try to keep us safe. I'm an old dog on the porch, but I can still thump my tail in appreciation of the new generation of warriors out on the perimeter.

Six said...

All I can say is Amen ASM826. Amen.

Sarge said...

God bless them every one. I pray for them every day. Merry Christmas to all. Thank you all for keeping our troops in your thoughts and prayers.

Six said...

Merry Christmas Pop.

Rourke said...

Merry Christmas Six and all - and a very safe and happy New Year.

Rourke
ModernSurvivalOnline.com

Anna said...

Merry Christmas Six and family. May it be blessed.

Six said...

Thanks Rourke and Anna.

Miguel said...

Merry Christmas Six and Family. :)

KurtP said...

Merry Christmas Six to you and yours.

Six said...

Thanks Miguel and Kurt.