'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

14 December 2010

Happy Birthday Sarge


It's my favorite father-in-law's birthday today. What do you get such a man? I did the only thing I could think of. A couple of days ago I took him out to sight in his AR. I brought along my as yet unfired M1A1. I asked this 2 tour Vietnam veteran, a man who carried it's older brother the M14 in combat, to break her in and fire the first shot. It was my way of honoring his service and sacrifice and was absolutely the best way I could think of to let him know how I feel about him.

Love you Pop.
Happy birthday.

Six

4 comments:

The DO said...

Wish we could've been there. Miss you all!!

JihadGene said...

That's how you honor a man like your FIL. With class...you got looong time class, Six. Very looong time. Merry Christmas!!!

Six said...

I do too DO. Miss you guys.

Thanks Gene. Merry Christmas to you and your clan my friend.

Sarge said...

Thank you six, it means a lot to me.