'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

30 December 2010

Death

Death
By LCDR Roberto J Prinselaar
From the book, Tears of Ink

I think of death and its rewards
Forever peace without doupt
Or will it bring my strife renewed
Or is it the way out

I'm not allowed to seek my death
In that I have no voice
My God will take me That I know
In that I have no choice

My life has not been without sin
But not without regret
So many things were not the best
And evil I have met

Oh God, my God, Please hear my prayer
Please let me live in peace
Please take away the awful hurts
And let my troubles cease

1 comment:

Toaster 802 said...

As a parent myself, nothing could be more horrifying or crushing a happenstance. My thoughts and prayers go out to these people.