'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

16 December 2012

Sunday Kipling

I'm late again today but I have a good excuse. Time well spent with Lu and Angus. I can't resist either of them and when they gang up on me? Forget it.

We held a CCW class at Casa Six on Friday. It's actually called a CFP, Concealed Firearms Permit, in Utah. It was good. We had 11 total come and a local firearms and training provider, Rowdy's Range, sent us a fiue instructor. I have a CCW from being a retired police officer but some states can be sticky about it so better safe than sorry. There are 24 states that recognize Utah's CFP so Lu and I are good in as many states as we care to travel through.

Lu and I are heartbroken this day and offer our prayers to all those in Connecticut and around the country. It is beyond tragedy. 

Evil is abroad and I take heart and courage through my faith and my knowledge that God is with us always. Be brave my friends and never take those you love for granted. Hugs and kisses and telling them you love them are the best gifts you can give. I hope this day finds you all enjoying such treasure.

Six

The Fairies' Siege

 
I have been given my charge to keep --
Well have I kept the same!
Playing with strife for the most of my life,
But this is a different game.
I'11 not fight against swords unseen,
Or spears that I cannot view --
Hand him the keys of the place on your knees --
'Tis the Dreamer whose dreams come true!

Ask him his terms and accept them at once.
Quick, ere we anger him, go!
Never before have I flinched from the guns,
But this is a different show.
I'11 not fight with the Herald of God
(I know what his Master can do!)
Open the gate, he must enter in state,
'Tis the Dreamer whose dreams come true!

I'd not give way for an Emperor,
I'd hold my road for a King --
To the Triple Crown I would not bow down --
But this is a different thing.
I'11 not fight with the Powers of Air,
Sentry, pass him through!
Drawbridge let fall, 'tis the Lord of us all,
The Dreamer whose dreams come true!



2 comments:

Paladin said...

Best excuse in the world, Six. Family trumps everything.

Bailey turned four years old Sunday. I had to work, of course, but we we were all able to get together Saturday for her soccer game in the afternoon and a horse drawn carriage ride to look at Christmas lights on Saturday night.

Six said...

Now that sounds like a wonderful weekend Paladin. Happy birthday to your precious granddaughter.