'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

13 December 2012

Meggings. Wait, What?

Meggings. Leggings for men.

I'm not talking about Lycra bicycle pants. Heck, I wear those but only when I'm actually engaged in riding or going to and from a ride. They're not exactly daily wear. No no no. Think those really hot, tight stretch pants that those of the feminine persuasion occasionally wear to remind us guys that they're women and we're men. But on dudes? Uh, I don't think so.


Come on guys, don't let them make us into a bunch of stocking clad sissies. The whole Metro sexual thing was bad enough but this abomination? Give me a break.

Blue jeans. 511s. Even Corduroys for crying out loud. But please spare us all the sight of hosiery clad guy butt. No one needs to see that.

It's becoming clear that we need a Masculine Revolution. Grease and dirt and gunpowder. Motorcycles and dogs and holding the door for your best gal. Denim and Vibram and Flannel shirts. Chivalry and courtesy and paying for dinner and a movie.

Jeez, I can't believe this even needs to be said. Let's go men. It's not just us but the futures of our sons and grandsons. Don't let them be turned into weaklings.

Six

7 comments:

Paladin said...

Geez.... as if skinny jeans didn't look stupid enough on a guy. Guess I'm going to have to adjust my "that dude looks worthless" scale once again.

Can you see ANY of those guys being of any use whatsoever, to anyone?

Rev. Paul said...

Paladin: No. No, I can't.

Left on my own, I'd wear flannel shirts, jeans & hiking boots year-round. My wife does clean me up, periodically. :)

Snowdog said...

I used to wear those. Of course, I was in the SCA at the time, and also wore a doublet, sword, and really nifty boots and cloak when I wore the tights.

TinCan Assassin said...

My EYES!!!!! Those were DUDES!!!! Bleach, my God, Bleach please!

Old NFO said...

YGTBSM!!!

drjim said...

They might be MALE, but they are definitely not MEN!

Six said...

Manly men, each and every one of you guys!!!