'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

29 October 2012

The Giants Win!!!!

The Giants swept the Tigers tonight, 4-3 in 10 innings in game 4. The Panda was the MVP.

It was a great series. Games 2 and 3 were nail biters but game 4 was torture. This makes the Giants World Champs 2 out of the last 3 years. I said it a while ago but the current Giants remind me strongly of the Braves of the 90s. A great core of young starting pitching and a very talented bullpen. Throw in a few good position players, a bunch of role players who only want to win and shake well. Add in a manager who must now be considered among the very best. Top it off with great clubhouse attitude and you've got a team that's going to be very hard to beat for years yet. 

To be fair the Giants went on an incredible run. They got hot at exactly the right time. After game 5 of the NLCS they put their foot on the gas and never let up.

My condolences to Murphy's Law. The only team I'd have accepted beating us with good grace would have been the Tigers. But I'm glad that didn't happen. The DO stayed up until midnight Florida time to watch. She called us afterward and we celebrated over the phone.

I know that in the great scheme of things what a certain sports team means very little but I love the game and I love my Giants. We've been fans as a family since 1982. They've frankly been pretty bad for the vast majority of those years so the last 3 years have been sweet indeed.

Now that the series is over I'll grin for a couple of days but then it's back to work. There's an election coming up and winning on that stage is orders of magnitude more important than even the G-Men winning it all.

But it's still a great day. Go Giants!

Six

2 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

If the Tigers just had to lose, at least it was to your team. Good on ya. Murphy and I owe you a beer when we finally meet.

Six said...

Thanks ML, that sounds good.

I hope you guys are staying safe out there.