'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

21 May 2012

Thank You

I am so grateful for all of your thoughts and prayers. It sounds trite but it's true, they really do help.

We're still working through a few things. I think I probably will talk about it here. There's enough wisdom and experience among you that I think you'd understand what happened and have some insight to share. Frankly, I could use both right about now. I'm not trying to be coy, just picking at the scab before I rip off the bandaid I currently have on my emotions.

Give me a day or two and I'll be back and I'll tell the story. Both for myself and possibly for others who may find themselves in my shoes.

You are the best friends a man could possibly have and I am profoundly grateful for each and every one of you.

Six

8 comments:

Home on the Range said...

Hang in there, and I meant it, call if either of you need to talk. Doesn't matter what time it is here.

Borepatch said...

I don't know that I have any words of wisdom to offer. All I can say is that writing about it helped me get through it. Stumbling through the emotions, not really ending up anywhere - but finding my own center as a result.

A lot of it came from the comments.

Don't know if this will help you, but I really think that it helped me when I was in your shoes.

Keads said...

I'm here if you need to talk and you have the number.

My prayers and best wishes.

Lee from La said...

"In the loss of a loved one, some friends came over, shook my hand, told me they knew what I was going through, I just wanted them to leave. Another friend came over, sat down beside me, put his arm around me, and never said a word. I wished he would never leave."

Car Guy said...

Beleive it or not... I DO read your blog!

In times like this, ALL we have are prayers. None of the wise words we try to muster really make any sense in the long run. None of us can be inside your head or heart to really know what issues are affecting you most. But we care about you and try to come up with some words that may be on target and help to ease the pain. Sometimes we may come close, but rarely do we hit the target. So prayer is what you will get.

LauraB said...

I am late to this...
Trooper is away even now saying his final farewell to his father.

So much grief in the world and I am sorry to know you are feeling it so acutely.

We are here if we can help. Reach out - anytime.

Anna said...

I am sorry to see you dealing such a rough patch of life.

Be well and know people care.

Jennifer said...

Prayers are still with you. I have been remarkably comforted by my friends in the digital world. My hope is that you feel the same warmth.