'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

26 March 2012

Blogiversary

3 years ago today I started down the path that brought me here. My first post was on March 26, 2009. This was that post. Looking at it now it's quite the obscene rant but in my defense I was a bit peeved at the time. I'm still angry but I do try and keep the bad language to a minimum these days.

In those three years I've had a chance to meet, talk to and generally interact with a lot of great folks. All of you have become friends, however far away you may be. It's been a very interesting journey, one I had no clear concept of when I started out.

Thank you to all of you who have and still do visit me and leave me your thoughts, guidance and ideas. If not for your kindness and involvement here I'd have given it up long ago. I don't tend to have anything of great import to say but I do enjoy having a place to write and share my thoughts and experiences. For what they are worth.

This next year should be portentous. Frankly I'm just hoping we all can continue to speak our minds in a free and open society and that I even feel the need to write that tells you all you need to know about how I'm viewing our future. We do indeed live in interesting times.

I'm not completely sure what I'll be doing and posting here during this next year. Since I'm ready to re-start the house remodel with the onset of better weather I suspect I'll be filling these pages with a lot of posts on roofing, plumbing, framing and wiring. I just got a new bicycle so I plan on doing a lot more off road riding and documenting the great southern Utah trails. I've also been deep into changing my armory a bit. I'm selling quite a bit of my current stock and I'll be adding to it as I go along (though I seem to be downsizing just a bit). Mostly it'll be the usual lame attempts at humor, insight and bad war stories. Hey, I am who I am :)

Thank you again for visiting and befriending me. I cannot say how much that and all of you mean to me. Here's to another great year.

Six

14 comments:

innominatus said...

The internet was created specifically for obscene rants. I mean, seriously - what the @#)*^& hell else is it good for? :)

COngrats!

Keads said...

Congrats Six!

Six said...

Thanks guys!

Coop said...

Congratulations on your Blogiversary!
Coop

Home on the Range said...

Congratulations! From you I've learned some new words (just kidding, I have 3 Navy brothers) and some better ways of viewing the world. Thank you for the journey.

agirlandhergun said...

Congrats!!!,

Six said...

Thanks for sticking with me guys. It's much appreciated!

kfg said...

I am principally a woodlands pavement pounder as I like scorching the smooth stuff, although back in the days when the kids around SF were perfecting the art of flinging old cruisers off mountains on fire roads, I was perfecting the art of honking road racers up them on New England hiking trails.

But I have to admit that your photos make the way you do it like something that might be worth giving a go someday.

Murphy's Law said...

We stick because we like you. So now you have to stick around, at least for another three years. ;-)

God, Gals, Guns, Grub said...

A late congrats...

Dann in Ohio

Theredneckengineer said...

Congrats!
I enjoy reading your blog every time I get the chance, and I'm really glad to have made friends with such fine, upstanding people like you.
Keep up the good work, and never let life drag you down along the way....

MrGarabaldi said...

I enjoy the blog and have you on my blogroll. Congratulations on 3 years of raising hell and posting good stuff.

Bob

P.S. I couldn't read your first post...it said that I didn't have permission.

Six said...

Much appreciated MrG's.

Blue said...

3 years. That's good stuff. Here's to many more :)