'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

17 January 2013

Hitchcock's Holocaust Movie

Robert J. Avrech has a blog named Seraphic Secret. On his header Robert writes this about himself:

Robert J. Avrech: Emmy Award winning screenwriter. Religious Zionist. Republican. Movie fanatic. Gun owner. Helplessly and hopelessly in love with my wife since age nine.

I love that. I only discovered him recently (One of you folks pointed me to him but I can't remember who it was. Please forgive me. I'm getting to that age) and linked to him on my blogroll. He's a brilliant writer, powerful and heartfelt. He also understands why America and Americans need to be armed. He's a supporter of Israel and insofar as I can discern a very good man. If you haven't yet visited his site and read his prose I highly encourage you to do so. You will not be disappointed.

Which leads me to this, his latest post. It's about the Holocaust movie by Alfred Hitchcock. I didn't know he ever made such a movie and I'm guessing many of you didn't either. It's just what you would expect from a film maker of Hitchcock's brilliance. Robert describes it as "...graphic and deeply disturbing. As was intended and as it should be." I can add little to Robert's narrative and I won't embed the movie here. Go visit the link provided and watch it, though I warn you. It is indeed graphic and deeply disturbing but it's worth every second of it's 53 minute run time. Stark and heartrending.

It's also a reminder to all of us who love America and liberty that our freedoms are ever only a hairs breadth from being lost because anyone who thinks the Nazi's were aberrations is simply wrong. We don't love our guns for the sense of power over others the left imagines they engender. We love them because they allow us to intimidate, and at times destroy, the very tyrants the evil side of human nature continues to produce. The current gun control argument isn't about evil rifles or evil magazines it's about evil men and the tyranny they will construct if given the opportunity. Only the true Warrior, girded with his courage and armed with his sword and shield has ever dared face the monster in his lair. Oh Lord in Heaven, I pray we remain a nation of the daring.

Watch the movie and contemplate the words Never Again.

Thank you Robert for the reminder.

Six

7 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Well said, sir, and thank you for providing the link.

Six said...

You're welcome Rev.

A Girl and Her Gun said...

Agreed. Well said! I will check out the links!

Old NFO said...

I'll check it out, thanks Six!

Six said...

You're welcome AGirl and NFO. I think you guys will appreciate him. Wish I could remember who linked me to him in the first place!

LauraB said...

I may be the guilty party - he has been one of my favs for some time though he has until recently flown under most of the blogging radar.

I will watch it. Generally, as I recently discussed with Himself, I decline to put images into my mind that are not necessary. Time enough for them to add up in real time. But it is a duty owed them.

Unknown said...

Great Article, I would like to suggest a movie about the Holocaust, Hitler's Children Documentary