'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

02 January 2013

Big Bore Pistol. No, I Mean BIG BORE!

Just for fun today and to start the new year off on the right track.

I'm a proponent of the bigger is better theory of bullet delivery. I have a Redhawk in 44 magnum and a Blackhawk in 45LC. I have a 45-70 Marlin and a 300 Win Mag Ruger. When I reload I tend toward he heavier end of the bullet spectrum. If 150 grains is good then 400 must be 2 1/2 times better. See how that works? Anyway.  When I saw this particular Big Bore specimen my mouth got dry, my pants got tight and I quickly scanned my gun fund to see if there was an extra $14,000 in it. There wasn't. But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate awesomeness when I see it while dreaming of hitting the lottery. For all you Big Bore aficionado's out there I give you the 600 Nitro Freaking Express. Pistol version.



Isn't that awesome? Don't you wish you had one? If only just to scare liberals and ask them if revolvers should also be banned. I do. No Namby Pamby 30 pound rifle here that anyone with a functioning shoulder can shoot. No no no.  Just a gun, two hands and a prayer. Of course the goober did shoot it off a rest and was wearing a motorcycle helmet when he fired it. What a wuss. Still.  Here's a link so you can bask in it's Big Bore awesomey goodness. 13 pounds. Oof. Makes my Redhawk look like a cap pistol.

Of course there may be a perfectly good reason for all that weight. Here's the same cartridge fired from a 6 pound TC pistol.



Still, not being a sissy myself, I have to believe I could handle it better that that unfortunate shooter did. But then I think I'm still 25, able to wrestle bears, drink and wench all night, fight off hordes of Zombie Cannibals armed only with a Leatherman and a winning attitude and am incredibly handsome so I might be wrong.

Gives the term Hand Cannon a whole new meaning don't it?

Six

11 comments:

Car Guy said...

$14k, huh? Not thinking it'll be at my address anytime soon. Guess I'll have to stick with the sissy .44's and .45's...

Old NFO said...

OH HELL no... :-)

Six said...

I've seen you shoot CG. I'm thinking 22s and 9mm!

Aw c'mon NFO. It'd be fun!

agirlandhergun said...

Ya know I love a good kick, but...probably not that much.

God, Gals, Guns, Grub said...

To paraphrase Crocidile Dundee... "That's not a gun, now THIS IS A GUN!"

Dann in Ohio

Paladin said...

But then I think I'm still 25, able to wrestle bears, drink and wench all night, fight off hordes of Zombie Cannibals armed only with a Leatherman and a winning attitude and am incredibly handsome so I might be wrong.

I'm not as good as I once was. But I'm as good once, as I ever was... :)

Mrs Paladin would skin me if I dropped that kind of coin on a gun. I do have a 44 mag at the top of my "Get List", though. I'll content myself with that!

Six said...

The Kaboom. There was supposed to be an Earth shattering Kaboom! I'm betting you could kick that gun's butt Girl!

And if you run out of bullets that whole beat 'em to death with it saw works pretty well with that one Dann.

Yep, Lu gave me the evil eye when I started drooling Paladin. Didn't even have to ask just "No, you cannot have it". She knows me too well I think. On the good side I love my 44 mag and talk about easy to reload for.

Wraith said...

If you're tough enough to carry that thing, you don't need it--you can just walk up and insert the bullets manually.

Six said...

Heh heh. Good one Wraith!

Evyl Robot Michael said...

You know, S&W 500 Magnum will kill anything on the planet for a tenth of the price. If you absolutely must have 600 Nitro, maybe get that TC single shot to go along with it? I'd shoot it. But then again, my first ever gun was a S&W 29...

Six said...

If I ever get one we'll shoot it just to prove to those sissy weasels how it's done Michael!