'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

03 March 2013

Sunday Kipling

Angus has an appointment with his Vet to get his soft cast removed tomorrow. We're hoping for the best. He's been doing very well this last two weeks.

The remodel continues. I should be able to report texture and paint going up by next weekend. Yeah!

It's been a good weekend. We took it off and recharged. Sarge and MIL were over for tri-tip last night. We've enjoyed it. The weather has been warm and very pleasant. I do love Spring.

Lu and I send you all our warmest thoughts and happiest wishes. We hope you are all having a fine day spent doing what you like best with someone you like best.

Six

"My New-Cut Ashler"

   
My New-Cut ashlar takes the light
Where crimson-blank the windows flare.
By my own work before the night,
Great Overseer, I make my prayer.

If there be good in that I wrought
Thy Hand compelled it, Master, Thine--
Where I have failed to meet Thy Thought
I know, through Thee, the blame was mine.

The depth and dream of my desire,
The bitter paths wherein I stray--
Thou knowest Who hast made the Fire,
Thou knowest Who hast made the Clay.

Who, lest all thought of Eden fade,
Bring'st Eden to the craftsman's brain--
Godlike to muse o'er his own Trade
And manlike stand with God again!

One stone the more swings into place
In that dread Temple of Thy worth.
It is enough that, through Thy Grace,
I saw nought common on Thy Earth.

Take not that vision from my ken--
Oh whatsoe'er may spoil or speed.
Help me to need no aid from men
That I may help such men as need!

5 comments:

God, Gals, Guns, Grub said...

Hope all is well with Angus... enjoying your remodel... working on some ideas of our own here at home...

Dann in Ohio

Glenn Mark Cassel said...

BZ
I linked to my other place.

Glenn Mark Cassel said...

http://desertf16apg.wordpress.com/2013/03/03/sunday-kipling-from-the-warrior-class/

Paladin said...

Good luck at the Vet, Angus!

Six said...

Thanks Dann. I know you have skills so yours will undoubtedly go faster than mine has!

Thank you for the linky love Glenn!

Thanks Paladin. I'll post a quick update later.