'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

28 June 2012

Why I Will Vote For Mitt Romney

The ruling is in. SCOTUS has upheld obamacare with some provisions but keeping in the individual mandate as a tax. I just watched Romney stating, in no uncertain terms, that he will repeal it on his first day in office. Ok then, game on.

We got here by decades of incrementalization. A long, slow eroding of our sovereignty and basic freedom. Bit by bit. Piece by piece. Such led directly what we saw today. Well, it works both ways. I am now a single issue voter and that issue is obamacare.

I was actually skulling over a post yesterday in which I would argue that the cold civil war would never become hot. There was simply no way that we could ever come to the point that another 'shot heard 'round the world' could happen again. But today I recognize that there is indeed such a way and this ruling is half of that formula. The other half comes this November when we go to the polls to decide whether obama gets a second term or not.

There are those out there, some who I admire and greatly respect, who would say "Good. Bring it on and get it over with." I am not in that camp. In fact I reject that line of reasoning absolutely. Now is the time to begin incrementalization on our side. Now is the time to begin the long, slow restoration of a representative republic as our founding fathers envisioned it. Now is the time for all good men and women to rise up and say No More. This far and no farther. Now is the time to elect a Republican president who will once and for all banish this abortion to the trash heap where it belongs. Now is the time, God help me, to elect Mitt Romney President.

I know, I know. I've heard and read all the arguments. Mitt is an elite, more concerned with power than individual American freedoms. Mitt will simply preside over a slower eradication of freedom than obama and the dems. Nothing will change except the whip holders political affiliation.

But the fly in that ointment is us. It's been said many times that all politics are local politics. Look no further than the formation of the Tea Party to see the truth in that. The Tea Party that was formed in the wake of the passage of the Affordable Care Act in the first place. We responded in the 2010 election and we must be heard again this year. In that is our salvation and the answer to any ideas that Mitt may have about accommodation with the left. Congressional and Senate elections. If we get those right, if we make sure we send only those who believe in America to DC, then we can exercise local control over national politics. It's up to us, where we must now recognize it should have been all along. We cannot rely on 9 men and women in black robes to rescue us and safeguard our basic freedoms. We can, indeed we must, take the reins of power back into our own hands to ensure the future of our children and grandchildren. And the first step is the 2012 elections.

So. I will support, contribute time and money to and vote for Mitt Romney for President in 2012. The alternative is too horrible to contemplate. Like some of you I have seen violent death, not wholesale but on a smaller scale. It's enough to understand. Death is ugly. It can be mind searing. Open war should be avoided if there exists a reasonable alternative. I've heard and seen written, many times, that we cannot vote our way out of this crisis. I disagree. What's been done to us we can reverse and do unto others. What we have lacked is an ignition source, a clear understanding of the stakes by the general populace and the will to exert our sovereignty. The moment has come and our path is now clear. Obama must go and he needs to take all his friends with him.

Romney isn't perfect, I acknowledge that, but we have a chance to exert our will upon him and his policies. We have zero chance to do the same with obama. Why would we put him back into a position to do more damage to our country? And doing nothing is in fact supporting 4 more years of obama and pushing us ever closer to the day when the cold War becomes very hot. Some who are arguing against Romney and for a return of obama do it because they say they want to fight the War themselves to spare their children and grandchildren. Honorable but much mistaken. War knows no boundaries. Respects no gender or age. Kills wantonly and without rhyme or reason.

No. The War may come of it's own accord but I will not take any action to hasten it's arrival, including inaction. Ridicule me if you will but I have made my decision and I have no qualms or regrets about it. Honor and my own concern about my grandchildren's future compel me to make my stand here.

Mitt Romney 2102.

Six

8 comments:

instinct said...

I agree that I am not wanting an armed conflict to determine the direction of this country, but I don't think the other side feels the same way.

Evyl Robot Michael said...

Very well said Six. I don't have the experiences that you do, but I agree with your sentiments completely.

@ instinct - the other side lacks arms with which they could enact an armed conflict. We have little to worry about there.

agirlandhergun said...

I just keep sitting here thinking, how on earth? I was as lethargic, clueless and anti gun as the next moron, but I never ever advocated changing or breaking the constitution. I never said, hey this is how I think so all people should think this way and also while i do nothing, you all should pay for it.

I have never fought in a war, I have never fired a shot against another, I have no idea what it is like to truly stand up for what I say I believe and having to do so scares me, but standing by and letting our country die, that scares me more.

Six said...

You may be right Instinct but they'll be counting on others to do the trigger pulling and I think they're going to be badly disappointed. I hope.

Thanks Michael. It was line in the sand time for me. Either get on for the ride or hide in my basement and hope for the best.

Frankly Girl, it's you and so many others out there just like you that is going to make the difference. I keep flashing back to Yamamoto's quote
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."
If I know anyone who has been awakened and filled with a terrible resolve it's you and I don't think you're alone.

Car Guy said...

I must admit that up until yesterday, I had resolved that I would not vote for either of these idiots. Now that has changed.

Sarge said...

Yes I also pledge my support to Mitt.

God, Gals, Guns, Grub said...

I think we think a lot alike...

Dann in Ohio

Six said...

I was in the same boat Me. SCOTUS has now made me a single issue voter and Mitt has pledged to toss obamacare.

We'll talk when you get back Pop.

I take that as a great compliment Dann.