'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

06 January 2011

It's Gonna Be A Bad Year

We lost another family member yesterday. Lu's great aunt passed away. She'd had a stroke on Monday. Lu and her mom went down on Tuesday to see her and were with her when she passed. Lu and mom in law are coming back tonight.

I apologize for the dearth of posting but I have to admit that I'm just not feeling it right now. Mom in law is pretty tore up and Lu loved her great aunt dearly. Throw that on top of Allison passing and I'm going to take a break and concentrate on family for just a bit.

Sorry. I'll be back soon.

Six

10 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Very sorry to hear all this. Remember that God never gives us more than we can handle.

Borepatch said...

Condolences on your loss, Six.

I look back quite fondly on my Great Aunt, Charlotte. She was a great lady - the sort who built this country - and it was she who taught me how to bake.

We don't see their like today.

David said...

Take care of yourself and your family. We'll be here when you get back.

Scott McCray said...

Six,

My deepest condolences to you and yours - healing prayers up.

instinct said...

God bless and keep your and your family. Go and do what you have to do.

Miguel said...

Family First.... We'll be around.

Theredneckengineer said...

I am truly sorry for your family's loss.
Take care of you and yours and come back when you can, we'll be waiting patiently.

innominatus said...

Prayers goin' up for your family.

LauraB said...

Rough start to the year...but then this will be the story as the old guard fades away. Treasure them all now. Let us know if we can help in any way...

Six said...

Thank you everyone for your kind words and friendship. They mean more to me and Lu than we'll ever be able to say.