'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

08 January 2011

Arizona Shooting

The press is calling it an assassination attempt on Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) but the investigation is still active and I expect more information soon. The congresswoman was shot in the head but expected to live and even recover, as remarkable as that is. Federal Judge John Roll was among the dead as was a 9 year old girl.

The shooter is Jared Loughner, a constituent. Information about him is still sketchy. (I've removed my speculations on the shooter. It's way too early for anyone, me included, to draw any educated conclusions) .

No point in making too many assumptions this early but this is bad. Very, very bad.

Stand by.

Six

Update: The long knives are already out. There is a special ring in Hell for those who use the blood of the innocent to attack their political enemies. There's nothing political about the actions of the mentally deranged.

Brigid reminded me that now is the time for prayers and Lu and I send our heartfelt prayers to all the victims of this shocking incident. May God receive those who lost their lives into his loving embrace. Thanks Brigid.

5 comments:

Home on the Range said...

Oh this is NOT the time to make jokes but I'll blame the vicodin.

"assination"

On a serious note, it's a tragedy, one I can't post about, but party lines need not go into the prayers that will go to the families involved.

Six said...

It's not a Freudian slip I swear. Tired, yeah that's it.

Exactly Brigid. Prayers to all.

Kanani said...

My prayers are with her, her family, the other victims' families and anyone who witnessed the event. Sadly, it's not the first time Rep. Giffords has had her life threatened. It's happened three other times (L.A. Times). One has to wonder if the other representatives have the same problem.

Six said...

I've never seen the political process this dangerous before Kanani. I'm old enough to remember the turmoil of the 60's and even then it wasn't this bad.

Rourke said...

It is terrible - no matter how you slice it. I suspect there will be more to it than what appears on the surface. Unbelievably - Gabrielle Giffords YouTube Channel was a subscriber to her shooters YouTube Channel. Very strange.

So sad about the 9 year - let alone the rest of the victims. Not much bothers me more than the lives of children cut short. Can't stand to think about it.....

Take care - Rourke
ModernSurvivalOnline.com