'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

20 November 2010

Pictures

I finally got some broadband access instead of dial up so the promised pictures of the move.

Here's Chrisi on the field expedient bed. I slept on it for 2 nights, Lu for 3.


An empty garage with a mostly loaded trailer. That garage took up a lot of space to get moved. I'd have gotten rid of some stuff if I wasn't a guy.

Chrisi in a really empty house.

The Ford and Vette all ready to go.

Lu and the house. We didn't build the house but we did build the home. We were here for 18 years, longer than we'd been anywhere. We love the place and put a lot of hard work into it. Why do we leave places as soon as we get them exactly the way we want them?


The last shot, me and the Vette turning the first corner away from the old place, en route to the new. 29 years in Salinas, California, almost to the day. Good times and hard times but our times. 12 hours later we were home.


We're settling in to the new place pretty well. It's great to have so much family so close. We're re-connecting with family we haven't seen in a very long time.

We've spent all week getting unloaded, unpacked, stowed and trashed so Lu and I are taking tomorrow off and going for a nice ride. I'm thinking Gooseberry if the weather allows.

It's good to be back.

Six

5 comments:

Borepatch said...

Six, it must feel good to be back in the United States of America, though.

Good luck in your new place, and glad you've arrived safely.

Six said...

Thanks BP. I'm hoping yours goes as well as ours did.

The DO said...

That's just damned weird. The garage, especially, made me cry:) So strange...

LauraB said...

Wow...I've seen my fair share of empty rooms but none have ever given me as much joy as they did sadness. Still, it IS for the best and I know I feel better having you well away from that coast.

Enjoy the new digs!!

Six said...

I know DO. It was downright sad.

Thanks Laura. You've been a rock and I so appreciate it. It is for the best. Free air just tastes sweeter!