'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

03 September 2010

An Update


Alright, a bit of an update for you all.

Troopie was cremated and once The Six and Lu have him back they are gonna go off for a bit of time away from the house, it's suddenly too quiet there. This also means that he needs a bit of time away to grieve and regroup. The Sarge and I will do our best to keep this place free from cobwebs till The Six is ready to get back to it.

Please know that your thoughts and comments over the last days and months have been a great blessing. For Dad to have someone to talk to about his beloved Trooper, to have someone to hope with him, and someone to grieve with him has made this transition a bit easier to bear. We can't thank you enough for your kindness and your friendship.

And so I'll leave you all with a few of the pictures I have, so that we can remember our beloved friend as he was.

Goodbye my buddy, my little brother. You will be forever missed.

The DO
Trooper, The DO, and Chrisi
Trooper and Chrisi, out at the meadows to work
Chrisi, The Six and Trooper
Chrisi and Trooper, at the meadow, on alert while working
Troopie, all ears and tongue flapping
Troopie and Chrisi, the best of friends, in the backyard


4 comments:

dick said...

It'll take time. Keep remembering the good stuff.

The DO said...

Thanks Dick. Seriously, the help and support here has been amazing. We couldn't have asked for better friends then you all.

Kanani said...

There's nothing like a lab. I still miss ours, and he has been gone for at least 7 years. The best dog I ever had. Someday I will get another.
Condolences. They were both magnificent.

The DO said...

Thanks Kanani. I'm not sure if it's better or worse for me to be so far away.

I'm not sure you ever, truly, get over dogs like Trooper; I can understand why, after 7 years, you still miss your friend.