'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

08 November 2011

30 Days of Thanks- D8

(Disneyland, 1990, in case it was all too subtle)  

I am very thankful for my folks: the Six and Lu.  We had a serious amount of fun as I was growing up, and they taught me the most valuable lessons of all: love of family, perseverance, and integrity.

(I'm sure I wasn't that bad a kid!  Really, I was an angel, I swear.)

My folks have opened their house to us with no reservations.  More than once, in fact.  This up coming trip will make the 5th 6+ week trip in their home over the last 4 years.  They must love us!

(Were I standing up straight, you would be able to see the we were the same height.  I was 11.  Yes, she's that short.)

I am an only child, and had a very close relationship with my parents.  I am beyond lucky to have been raised by these two characters.  They've certainly helped make me weirdo I am today.

~The DO

1 comment:

Six said...

Love you too sweetie and I'm thankful for you every day.