'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

14 September 2013

My Trainer

It's not an official relationship. More like I follow him around like a love starved puppy begging for a friendly pat on the head and a biscuit. Still, Glen is patient and generous with his time and knowledge and seems to be interested in helping me progress. I even gave him the go ahead to commence beating me with a stick when I screw the pooch. Which at this point is often.Very often.

In the interest of starting things off on the right foot, as I take you all along with me on the journey of a 54 year old dog attempting to learn new tricks, I thought I'd introduce you to my trainer. Azgunner.



You will note that even the true experts in the discipline are quite capable of making...errors. Still, the man is fast and accurate and his reloads make me positively swoon with admiration. I want to be just like him.

There will be video in the coming weeks and months. I need it to break down my form and see where I need to improve. I'll even share if it's particularly embarrassing. Faster and straighter are my watchwords Though I'm guessing slow and uncoordinated will be among the choice words Glen will be using. I'll be training with him next Wednesday and I'll do a review here with pictures.

Oh. There will be a National level match here week after next and Lu and I both will be assisting. Not shooting. Assisting. Pictures. Maybe video. 

Six

No comments: