'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

17 August 2013

Maybe Not A Flying Car But Want Anyway

Man, it's been a hectic week. The sale of the California house continues apace. We didn't sign this week but we signed a few new documents the buyers needed and are a step closer. We have until the 29th but our agent is confident signing will take place next week. Knock on wood.

I caught this somewhere on the web and was fascinated. A one person flying 'Jetpack' for lack of a better word. There's a lot of companies out there at least toying with this stuff but it seems Martin Jetpack is at the point where they're ready to sell some. Price tag is a bit steep at an estimated $100,000 but hey, it's only money. It may not be a flying car but I'll take it.



It has a parachute safety device.



I love my motorcycles but I'd give them up in a hot second for one of these. I wonder if I have anything I can sell. How much for a lightly used kidney?

Six

2 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Now that is completely cool!

Lois Evensen said...

Thanks for the smile. I don't think the trade for a kidney is a good trade, but, hey, I'm not that into jet packs.

I'm only able to check in on Sundays when we are in port. We're at sea again for ten weeks.

So, greetings from Port Canaveral - for another 15 minutes or so.

All the best,
Lois