'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

22 June 2014

Summer Vacation

When Murphy's Law was here we discussed blogging in general and this one in particular. I indicated that I was strongly leaning toward stopping. He encouraged me to continue and listed his reasons. I respect him, both as a friend and fellow blogger, but...

I'm burnt out. I'm having trouble just tending to this blog much less writing anything useful or interesting. It's nothing I can point my finger at, just the sense that I'm done.

But in the interest of making sure and as a nod to ML I'll hold off making a final decision for a bit. Instead I'm taking the Summer off. My daughter and grandkids are here and the grandkids are staying through August.

When they return home I'll dust off the blog and we'll see where I am. That will give me a chance to decide whether or not I want to continue. I hope you all understand and will forgive me. Call it a funk, writer's block, what have you but I need to tend to my soul for a bit.

Thank you to each and every one of you who has read my scribblings and graced me with your love and input. I appreciate all of you more than I can say or ever repay.

Stay safe all of you and remember what is most important in each of your lives. You have meant the world to me. If I'm lucky I'll find my muse again. If not then I won't. Life is what it is my friends.
Six

16 comments:

Keads said...

I understand and respect your decision, but know that you will be greatly missed if you pull the plug.

Brig said...

I would selfishly hate for you to stop. You have been such an inspiration in more ways than you know. What ever you decide... blessed be.

Anonymous said...

Gonna miss your wit and wisdom Six but you always know where to get in touch with me. Enjoy your family and your summer. Sure hope you come back! regards, Alemaster

Rev. Paul said...

I understand, Six. You do what you need to do, and we'll be around if you check back in.

Murphy's Law said...

While I understand where you're coming from, I think that you do have much to offer and much to share, even if you just become the "All Angus" channel. Enjoy the summer with the grandkids, think about it seriously, and we'll be here in the fall.

And if you decide to cease, I may have to show up on your doorstep again, just because.

Thanks for a great time, and next time you get down St. George way, give my regards--and my phone number--to Sister Clark.

Monkeywrangler said...

I understand, Six. But I hope you will stay in touch when you have time at least by email.
I enjoy reading your blog. Take a good break and I hope you come back to it.

Car Guy said...

Well fine then. I'm just going to hop on my bike and come see you if I can't sap your daily wisdom from my iPad. Fluff up the couch cushions and tell Angus he's going to bunk with me. See you in about two weeks...

Old NFO said...

Do what you have to... Hate to lose you, but real life DOES intrude... At least drop a comment from time to time and let us know how you're doing.

Anonymous said...

Possible joining of forces with another blog? guest blogging? I appreciate your writing, love angus & the remodel stories & the bike rides... but then, if you're doing all that, who has time to blog? ;)

Coop said...

Heh, I was thinking of you over the weekend. Black Betty came on the ipod and I thought , boy I hope Six is tearing up the highway in the Vette!

anyway regarding your post, Your blog, your rules dude... my suggestions is to step away and write/ post whenever you feel like it. If that feeling doesn't return, then it is what it is...

In case this is the end of the Warrior Class blog I'll leave you with an Old Irish Blessing:

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.


God speed my friend and enjoy your time with your family!

All the best!
Coop

Lee from La said...

Guy, I really enjoy reading your site. But, one of the hardest thing for us as people to accept is the fact that things end; I have always thought that we are not intended to do the same thing forever, forever, forever...
I wish I could give the credit for the quote, but loosely: "If you think excitement is dangerous, try routine, it's lethal."

Harry Flashman said...

Most people who write a blog for a while wind up having to take a break. It's almost standard operating procedure. After your summer you may feel more like continuing.

LauraB said...

I think someone who writes well feels badly at leaving a diary blank. But in this medium, you can let it hang out, quiet, and return as the mood strikes. Don't think about quitting. Just come and go as the mood strikes! Because it WILL strike. But enjoy the summer and be well!!

Evyl Robot Michael said...

I totally get the whole burn out thing. Even so, you'd be a loss to the internet.

Theredneckengineer said...

Yup, I got burned out as well, but I'm still keeping the blog open just in case I think of something worth posting.

All the best to you and yours.

Home on the Range said...

You do whatever feels right for YOU. We are still friends, whether we communicate in this fashion or another.