'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

12 November 2011

30 Days of Thanks-D12

St. George (not Saint George) Utah.  Aka, the Motherland
St. George, Utah (13)
(Not my photo.  Snagged it from Flickr.  Click the photo to be taken to his page)
I am very thankful for my family and friends.  Though odd and interesting, they love me and accept me.  Helps that they are all odd and interesting as well!  The apple and tree and all that, I suppose.  The kids and I will have the chance to spend 2+ months in the old homeland, down the street from cousins, and next door to great grandparents.  I will get to go shopping with some cousins, stay up way too late wandering around the Walmarts with others (yes I like American made, yes I still shop Wally world), talk football with the husbands, homeschooling with an uncle, and be amazed, as always, that I'm related to all these crazy and wonderful people.

~The DO

No comments: