'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

12 April 2014

Sunday Kipling

Shot a 2 Gun match yesterday. Had a pretty good day. 4th overall and 3rd in Tactical Optics division. I'm still searching for that elusive consistency and the need to just go faster. My coach says I need to go fast enough to start missing to get acclimated to the faster pace. Or something like that. More range time before the big 3 Gun match next month. Woe is me!

No match pictures. Lu and MIL had a yard sale. Made 200 bucks!!

Angus continues to improve. We swam him Friday and he was in a state of doggy joyful bliss. Another swim tomorrow. Longer this time.

It's turned hot here. Had to fire up the swamp cooler and toss the sunscreen in the range bag. Lu's garden is doing very well. The carrots are a foot high, the strawberries are greening and we have peaches! She'll be doing the rest of the planting this week.

I hope this day finds you all at peace. God is great my friends and though we find ourselves in a time of uncertainty and chaos I am content in the knowledge that his will is being done here on Earth as it is in Heaven. What will come will come. All we must do is bow our heads and ready our hearts.

This week's Kipling is dedicated to all our 4 footed family members. May you always have such a steadfast friend along with you on the road.
Six

Four-Feet

I have done mostly what most men do,
And pushed it out of my mind;
But I can't forget, if I wanted to,
Four-Feet trotting behind.

Day after day, the whole day through 
Wherever my road inclined 
Four-feet said, "I am coming with you!"
And trotted along behind.

Now I must go by some other round, 
Which I shall never find 
Somewhere that does not carry the sound
Of Four-Feet trotting behind.

5 comments:

Old NFO said...

Congrats! And range time is a GOOD thing! ;-)

Monkeywrangler said...

Good job on the match, Six. More range time? Here twist the other arm...!

Glad to learn Angus is doing well. I hope his recovery continues apace.

Six said...

Thanks you Two!!

Brig said...

YeeHaw for Lu, and Angus, and you. Sounds like a win all the way round.

The DO said...

PEACHES!! I'm glad the garden is going well, especially because I don't have to have one here:)- We had the turnips start to leaf out (one day in humid FL and we get leafing tubers!) and she wanted to plant them. She can't wait