'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

06 April 2014

Sunday Kipling

It was a very long weekend. Shot Thursday, RO'd Saturday and today. I finished Ok. 56th overall but 5th in Production which is all I really care about since those are the folks I'm directly competing with. Good match, good folks and a lot of fun had by all. I won 2 shell holders and a plastic ammo box that looks like a military green box but is see through. Kinda cool. I'm not really shooting a lot of pistol since I'm concentrating on 3 Gun but I can't forget about it either. I'm probably going to shoot a little more pistol in the future.

Angus is doing well. He gets his stitches out tomorrow. He's been a very good boy but I know he's ready. Rehab is ongoing.

I hope you all had as good a Sunday as I did. Be well and keep your blessings in mind. All we really have is each other.

Now I'm going to relax and make plans for the coming week. That shower is calling my name. I think it's time.
Six


Two Races

I SEEK not what his soul desires.
  He dreads not what my spirit fears. 
Our Heavens have shown us separate fires. 
  Our dooms have dealt us differing years. 

Our daysprings and our timeless dead 
  Ordained for us and still control
Lives sundered at the fountain-head, 
  And distant, now, as Pole from Pole. 

Yet, dwelling thus, these worlds apart, 
  When we encounter each is free 
To bare that larger, liberal heart
  Our kin and neighbours seldom see. 

(Custom and code compared in jest-
  Weakness delivered without shame-
And certain common sins confessed
  Which all men know, and none dare blame.) 

E'en so it is, and well content
  It should be so a moment's space, 
Each finds the other excellent, 
  And-runs to follow his own race!

2 comments:

Home on the Range said...

I love these posts. I hope you and Lu are doing well, and thank you again for all the thought and support these last few weeks.

Keads said...

Enjoy your evening Six!