'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

07 April 2013

Sunday Kipling

I have found a new excuse for being a slacker. I simply tell myself "yeah, but I finished the remodel". That way I can convince myself (and anyone who asks) that I'm really just resting as opposed to goofing off.

Lu and I are considering another short trip, maybe to Colorado to visit my favorite uncle. Though I filled up the Ford the other day and Ouch! Maybe not.

Angus is doing well. I'll have another post up about his rehab next week. I swear.

I hope this day finds you all relaxed, happy and in good company. The path we tread is fraught with peril. Find all the happy you can, grab it with both hands and hang on for dear life.
Six

The Glories

1925
IN FAITHS and Food and Books and Friends 
   Give every soul her choice.
For such as follow divers ends 
   In divers lights rejoice. 

There is a glory of the Sun 
   ('Pity it passeth soon!)
But those whose work is nearer done 
   Look, rather, towards the Moon. 

There is a glory of the Moon 
   When the hot hours have run;
But such as have not touched their noon 
   Give worship to the Sun.

There is a glory of the Stars, 
   Perfect on stilly ways;
But such as follow present wars 
   Pursue the Comet's blaze. 

There is a glory in all things; 
   But each must find his own, 
Sufficient for his reckonings, 
   Which is to him alone.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good one Sir, thank you! And enjoy the break!!! :-D

OldAFSarge said...

Nice choice for the Sunday Kipling! You deserve some time off. Glad to hear Angus is coming along. All the best to you, Lu and Angus!

Six said...

Thanks Sarge!