'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

11 August 2012

34 Years And Counting

Tomorrow Lu and I celebrate 34 years as husband and wife. Words simply cannot convey how I feel about her and our years together. We were teenagers when we got married and the odds were against us. Through hard work, understanding, not a few tears and as much love as two people are capable of we are still here, standing together against all the world has to throw at us. I am honored to call myself her husband and grateful she chose me. I have no idea why but I'm keeping my peace, simply happy that she did.

This is one of my favorite pictures. It shows Lu as I have always seen her. How I will always see her. The most beautiful bride the world has ever seen.

Thank you sweetheart. When all is said and done love is all we truly have to give and you have always had my heart. I will love you forever.

Your loving and grateful husband.

10 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Fantastic. Happy 34th to two great people.

Borepatch said...

Happy anniversary, Six!

God, Gals, Guns, Grub said...

Congrats! Enjoy your day...

Dann in Ohio

Theredneckengineer said...

Congrats to the pair of you!
It takes a heck of a lot of work to make any marriage work, and it takes an act of God to make it work for that long.
Here's to another 34 years of happiness!

Six said...

From Lu and I, we thank you all!!

instinct said...

Wow! Congratulations!

My mom would say "That's a heck of a lot of stubborn right there." :D

Six said...

Thanks Instinct. Your Mom is a wise woman.

Evyl Robot Michael said...

Happy 34th! You two seem like you have a lot of fun together.

Six said...

Thanks Michael.

LauraB said...

Sooo late to this but it pleases me a great deal to see a couple press on through all those hard days and long nights...including those where you may love the person but not like them very much. LOL

You're a lovely couple and you can see the love painted all over y'all. Well done!!!