'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

11 February 2012

Miscellaneous

I got tagged by MrG and Sarah for a Liebster Blog award. Thank you both for thinking of me. I admit to being a little stuck to pick out only 5 blogs to pass it along to, at the risk of ignoring someone I should have tagged.
Anthroblogogy because Dirtcrashr shares two of my loves; guns and fast motorcycles (because slow motorcycles are just dull).
Theredneckengineer because the man can make really cool stuff out of other stuff. And because he's a fighter.
Thunder Tales because if anyone is my blog father it's Ed Rasimus. He's been supportive, instructive and he's waaaay smarter than I am. Throw in shootin' and fast jets flown in harms way (and delivered of much harm to the enemy himself) and he's a man I hugely admire and respect.
TheKitchenDispatch because I love Kanani and always will. Medical professional, wife to an Army doctor and supporter of the troops in positive and tangible ways. Plus she can write a lick or two.
TheMadOgre because he can so totally kick my ass if he ever had a mind to. Plus there's that whole guns/motorcycle thing. I think I sense a pattern here. Obsessive? Me?

Here's to you and all of you my friends.

Baby Girl is doing very well. The arm doesn't appear to bother her at all. Aren't kids something? I mean, if that had been me I'd still be crying about it. And she's back to her ballet, pink cast and all.

Had a yard sale today. I made 25 bucks so just be all jealous and stuff. Baby Girl and The Boy ran a lemonade stand and made some nice coin. I saw actual dollar bills in their box.

This is for Michael at Michael's Custom Holsters. Lu has chosen her new CCW gun. I won't say what it is yet (there will be a write up soonest) but I will say it's light and small but not a .380 and it's not a bullet hose. Michael, e-mail coming your way soonest (he's going to do a holster for her and she simply cannot wait!). Her birthday is coming up in a few days and what says I Love You better than a new gun?

The DO bought me a new book. It's Shadow Ops: Control Point by Myke Cole, a 3 tour Iraq veteran as well as some other secret squirrel stuff. His site is here. I'll do a review as soon as I get done with it but it's very interesting. I like it so far but it's military sci-fi from a different perspective. More later.

Angus is fat and happy. He's growing so fast it's hard to remember that tiny puppy I brought home 7 months ago. A secret admirer sent him a wonderful Christmas present that reminds us every day how lucky we are to have him (thank you my friend!). Tell me that's not a happy dog.

Chrisi, on the other hand, is visibly failing. She turned 15 last December 18th. I fear that our time together is drawing to a close. Lu is trying her best to prepare herself but it's so hard. Please wish her well. When our Princess goes she'll be inconsolable.

I seem to have gotten over my bout of midsection umbilical cord detachment area viewing with the help of a few friends. Thanks guys. Frankly, with all that's going on in this country I'm going to be as positive and upbeat as I can. I plan on concentrating on gun stuff and humor writing. What's that you say? You didn't know I ever attempted to convey anything of a humorous bent on here? Well, Lu thinks I'm funny. Very funny in fact so that for you. Did I mention she's getting a new gun and can shoot like stink?

As I sit here, pecking painfully at the keyboard with two fingers and moving lips, I am reminded how fortunate I have been here. So many of you have taken me into your hearts and lives and I am grateful. My life is better and richer for each and every one of you. Thank you.

Six

8 comments:

Borepatch said...

I'm sorry about Chrisi. 15 is a good long season, but it doesn't make it any better.

Six said...

Thank you my friend. Lu and I really appreciate the kind words.

Jennifer said...

Sorry to hear about Chrisi. It's amazing how those furry critters can just latch onto your heart. Good thoughts to you and Lu.
And I hope she enjoys her birthday present!

Six said...

Thanks Jennifer, I'll pass along your kind words to Lu.

We bought it today (just a little cheating) and she's thrilled. Tell Michael I'll be contacting him just as soon as I replenish the gun fund. A couple of weeks.

nzgarry said...

Myself and my friends down here are all possess guns and/or fast motorcycles in varying quantities.

One wonders why these beasts go together so well. The sensation of power may be one explanation, but I think there is another;

I think that whenever you raise a rifle to your shoulder it silently whispers to you "I can shoot far farther,straighter and more accurately than you can shoot me".
In similar vein, the motorcycle whispers "I can travel far faster and more nimbly than you can ride me".
And in both cases you know damn well the beasts are right, but that they are issuing an invitation, not a challenge, and life is good!.

Six said...

Garry, that is the single best answer to tnat question I have ever heard. Brilliant!

Theredneckengineer said...

I'm sorry to hear about Chrisi. As a "dog person", I really hate to hear of a loyal and valued member of the family starting to "fail". We've all been there, it's part of welcoming someone/some animal into your family. I hope and pray for the best for you and Lu, as well as Chrisi.

As far as the Liebster Blog award, I do appreciate being tagged, however I don't think any of the other bloggers that I read ever read my blog, so tagging them is probably pointless :)
(you would be the exception)

Six said...

Thanks Redneck. If they're not reading you they are missing out on one of the smartest and best guys out there.