'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

28 December 2011

For Brigid. In Sympathy

Recently Brigid blew out a knee and just had surgery. My thoughts and prayers go out to her but I wanted to show my support in a more tangible way. She's too far away for me to bring over a dish or take Barkley for a walk so I'm left with morale support.

I'm so sorry you got injured Brigid and I know you've been under the knife a time or two before this but I wanted you to know.

I feel your pain.
Cool pants eh? That picture was taken in May, 2006 right after my surgery for a completely blown Achilles tendon. My toes were swollen up like 10 little Vienna sausages. My hands developed massive callouses from the crutches. It took me 5 months to get released to light duty and a year before I went back to patrol. More pics here.    
Hang in there Brigid. Let your friends and loved ones help. Do your rehab and everything the nice doctor says. And remember;

You're not old you're just in need of a tune up.

Get well soon!!

Six

4 comments:

innominatus said...

I remember when that happened to Dan Marino. It was painful to even watch on TV, let alone actually live through.

Ed Rasimus said...

Think you mean Joe Theismann. Marino survived his career without major injury as I recall.

KurtP said...

A blown Achilles tendon AND a broken leg?

AND a Superbowl.

innominatus said...

Ed - Joe's injury was worse, but Dan did blow his achilles.