'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

06 May 2014

Another Shotgun Reloading Video

MonkeyWrangler asked for a better view of my shotgun reloading setup. I figured the easiest thing to do was just to do a quick little video. That way I could share with everyone.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful :)



Please remember that I'm a 3 Gun noob so your mileage may vary. It's almost a certainty that I'll modify or change my setup as I get more experience and competence but for now I'm satisfied with what I have and am doing.

If anyone has suggestions or questions please don't hesitate. I usually only learn the painful lessons!
Six

5 comments:

Monkeywrangler said...

Thanks a lot, Six! The vid is actually quite informative. I like the belt and set up. Now that I see how you load 2 at a time that way, it makes sense.

How does the Stoeger shoot compared to an 870 recoilwise? That's maybe better directed to Lu, since she may perceive recoil more like me than you do! I have been wanting to change from a pump to a semi, but have been torn between a 20ga for the lesser recoil, and a 12ga for commonality with the other shotguns here.

God, Gals, Guns, Grub said...

Don't worry about being a three-gun noob... I still don't know what I'm doing, but I show up and have fun...

Personally, I'd like to start a 4-gun shooting sport... but most ranges don't like me using the grenade launcher... ;-)

Dann in Ohio

Six said...

Glad you liked it MW! Lu likes the Stoeger. I'd say the recoil is comparative simply because mine is the 3 1/2 inch model and it needs a little more ooomph in the shells to make it cycle properly. My understanding is that the M3000, the 3 inch model, will shoot about anything making it softer shooting. Lu has a Benelli Montefeltro and it'll shoot the slower target stuff and she loves it. Says it shoots softer than her 20 gauge pump. I'd say to take a long hard look at the Stoeger M3000. It has a great reputation as a good shooter. The gas guns are supposedly softer yet but their price is usually well north of a grand!

I like the way you think Dann. Grenade launcher division would be awesome!

Monkeywrangler said...

Lu has a Montefeltro? Color me jealous! I have lusted after one of those for years. Is hers a 12 or a 20ga? I shot one once in 20ga and loved it. If only Stoeger would make their semi in 20ga with the recoil system they license from Benelli!

Old NFO said...

Nicely done, I'll have to try that load method... Lots faster than the way I was doing it.