'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

07 December 2013

Quick 3 Gun Update

I'll have a better post up in a few days but here's a photo of what we faced today.






Yep. It snowed all day. There was still some leftover from a snowstorm a week ago so Friday was very muddy. Today we fought and shot in a pretty good snow fall all day. It was a very long day. We ended up with about 6 inches or so. The forecast for tomorrow is clear and cold and the last stage is estimated at 12 minutes. Yikes.

The Sig 226 has run perfectly, the AR almost as good. The 870 failed badly. I'll talk more about that later.

4 stages Friday, 4 more today and 2 to finish up tomorrow. Lu took lots pf pics and a few videos. I'm going to place very near the bottom but not last. Provided I don't commit an epic pooch screw on the last 2 stages. I'll have some thoughts on what worked and what didn't. The didn't list will be a long one. So far I've timed out on 3 stages out of 8. Not good.

Six

4 comments:

Keads said...

WHAT! A 870 Fail? I'm waiting on that! Unpossible =)

Monkeywrangler said...

That's not the first time I've heard of an 870 failing under pressure recently...even a pro trainers personal 870PM I heard failed in a class.

Murphy's Law said...

It can only get better. Keep at it.

And bad weather builds character! Bad guys come out in crummy weather too. (Just not so much.)

Old NFO said...

You're learning... None of us EVER starts at the top... And interested to see what happened with the 870. My comment on that, it's a tool, and tools DO break/malfunction...