'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

27 July 2012

Our Sweet Girl

Well, our sweet Chrisi is gone.  I'm sure the Six will write a post when he's ready.  This here is my tribute, and I'm closing the comments to make it my own little moment of silence. 

Trooper and I had a bit of sibling rivalry, but Chrisi was always my sweet little sister, my girl.  Sitting on my lap while I found random things to see out the window, trying to keep her happy on an 11 hour drive, she cemented our friendship.  And she always looked out for my kids.  They were hers as much as mine.  She's sleep between them, watching.  On our hikes, she never left one behind.  She'd wait till the caught up and she knew they were safe.  A mom can't ask for a more loyal friend and companion.

Goodbye my dear friend, we will miss you.












~The DO