'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

06 July 2010

Oh My Aching Legs


Went out this morning and did 45 miles in 3:45. That's exactly on course for an 8:30 finish for the 100 miler. Of course that's 55 miles farther than I rode today but you know, details.

It's my last hard ride before the 11th. I'll spin for the next few days but nothing farther than 20 miles. I needed the miles under similar conditions to the actual ride so I rode over to Monterey, into Pacific Grove and back home. Then I ate everything I could get my paws on and washed it down with a gallon of Dew. My legs actually feel pretty good.
I'm getting more confident of my ability to make the actual mileage. Of course that's just taunting Mr. Murphy so I'm expecting at least one or two crises to crop up.
Maybe I better double check those brakes.
Six

No comments: