'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

24 April 2010

Grandkids

My daughter (The DO) and grandkids will be here tomorrrow! It's quite a trip. Hungary to Austria to London to San Francisco. She got 'em all up this AM at the crack of dawn, packed up and headed for the airport. All so they could spend time with Papa and Grandma. We've got the house all ready (including a new swingset in the backyard).

We got the package for a stay at Disneyland in the mail the other day. We also have plans for more trips and visits to various places. Good times will be had.

We're indebted to the DO for undertaking this journey. Anyone who has traveled with kids (4 and 5 years old) knows what she's taking on and this is the second time she's made the trip from Hungary. She's a peach and I love her dearly. Oh, and to the son-in-law? Thanks don't quite cover it. I'll take good care of them and get 'em back to you soon. Love you son.

Postings will be slim for the next 5 weeks while they're here. I'll check in from time to time but I'm going to revel in spending time with the 4 people I love most in this world. Wife, daughter and 2 grandchildren.

Do I sound excited? Good, because I am.

See you all soon.

Six

No comments: