'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton

14 February 2010

Stolen Valor

There's been a spate of these douchebags lately. As far as I'm concerned they can all go fuck themselves. If you want to wear the uniform then by all means, go visit a recruiter and join. Do it today. If not, then leave the heroing to the heroes.

Now we've got some more chicken livered lawyers and scumbag wanna be's challenging the law that puts these people in jail.

http://www.military.com/news/article/law-barring-lies-about-medals-is-tested.html?col=1186032325324

The Warrior class doesn't need anyone to tell us Stolen Valor is no worse than lying to pick up a date. It is. It's theft of honor. Most of those who visit here are either real heroes (Ed and Sarge, I'm looking at you two here) or know those who are. Most of have served or been connected in some way to someone who has. We feel the bite and outrage at seeing some punk pass himself off as a war hero. We understand the cost of those uniforms and medals. We will not allow anyone to tarnish the value of that service, paid in blood and sacrifice.

I haven't been active in this area but as I am now retired I believe I will devote some of my free time to researching this plague on society as well as sending messages to those who would excuse such behavior.

Six

2 comments:

Ed Rasimus said...

Chuck and Mary Shantag established the POW Network a few years ago. They are absolute bulldogs when it comes to revealing the poseurs and wannabes. They've got the tools to validate the claimants and they know how to get pressure on the bad guys.

http://www.pownetwork.org/

Six said...

Thanks Ed. I'll go there and check them out. This really pisses me off and I'd like to be more involved. Thanks for the info!